Every day, our hands come into contact with a variety of things - such as food, other people, surfaces and animals. Now, more than ever, it’s crucial to maintain good hand hygiene. Because without this, and sometimes without realising it, we’re spreading germs and pathogens to our family, friends and co-workers.
So, what’s the best way to keep our hands clean? Hand sanitisers of course! While washing your hands is highly recommended, hand sanitisers are ideal when you don’t have access to soap and water.
Want to learn how to use hand sanitisers properly and why you should turn to the Plantworx Hand & Body Sanitisers? Keep reading!
- What are hand sanitisers?
- How to use hand sanitisers: step-by-step
- When should you use hand sanitisers?
What are hand sanitisers & what can they do?
A hand sanitiser is a gel, liquid or spray that is used to sanitise hands and kill common pathogens. Because you don’t have to rinse or wash your hands afterwards, they’re super convenient when you’re on the go.
What makes Plantworx’s hand sanitisers different?
Plantworx’s sanitisers are 100% natural, certified organic and food-grade, which means they’re safe to use anywhere in the home or office.
Unlike other hand sanitisers, Plantworx won't dry your hands out. Formulated with pure shea butter and cupuacu butter, Plantworx’s sanitisers are incredibly moisturising and will leave your hands feeling soft, clean and hydrated. Not to mention, they’re 100% vegan, sustainably sourced and able to kill >99.9% of pathogens. If you have sensitive hands, you can also turn to the Plantworx Ultra Sensitive Hand & Body Sanitisers!
What’s not to love about these sanitisers?
How to use hand sanitisers: step-by-step
Knowing how to use hand sanitisers properly is crucial to preventing the spread of pathogens. The way you apply hand sanitiser is similar to the recommended WHO method of washing your hands.
- Apply a drop of sanitiser to your hands (either the size of a 10c coin or enough to completely cover both hands).
- Rub your palms together.
- Rub the sanitiser in between your fingers.
- Rub the sanitiser on your thumbs.
- Rub the sanitiser on the back of your hands.
- Rub the sanitiser onto your wrists.
- Keep rubbing until your hands are dry (should take 20 seconds) and you’ve covered all surfaces of your hands. Do not rinse or dry with a towel.
Note: do not use hand sanitiser if your hands are visibly dirty or greasy, wash your hands with soap and water instead.
When should you use hand sanitisers?
You can use Plantworx’s hand sanitisers:
- Before touching your face or mouth.
- When working with people or in a customer service role.
- After coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Before, during and after food preparation.
- When directly handling patients or when you come into close contact with other people.
- Before and after caring for someone that is sick.
- Before and after you have been in a public place and touched a ‘high traffic’ surface/item i.e. door handles, bathroom taps, self-serve checkouts, shopping trolleys.
Now you know how to use sanitisers properly and what they can do! Sanitising your hands with hand sanitiser is one of the best ways you can protect yourself, your family, community and friends from getting sick - especially during epidemics.
To keep you and your family safe and healthy, turn to Plantworx’s range of sanitisers. We have all purpose surface sanitisers, ultra sensitive hand and body sanitiser sprays and gels, and more. Shop them all online at Shop Organics today.